Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We had to move house!


The house in Coltman Road must have had a sad tale to tell. My husband and I moved into the house shortly after we were married and decided to take as our bedroom a large room at the rear of the house with french doors leading off onto a patio. It was airy and had a view across the garden.


Soon after we took up residence I woke to a feeling of terror. I needed to go to the bathroom but was too afraid to move from my bed. I did not know that my husband had had a similar feeling a few night before and had decided not to go down the corridor to the bathroom to clean his teeth.


We put up with this manifestation for some time - there were nights when all was well - others when we huddled in bed until dawn broke and the feeling left us. What was it? In the end we moved out - not wanting any more stolen sleep!


I wonder if the people who live in the house now experience the same feeling of dread?

No comments:

Post a Comment