Thursday, December 11, 2008

What should I have done?

I have never been good at remembering telephone numbers. On one particular occasion this was not the case.

I went to sleep and had a dream - a dream of an air crash - an explosion in the air. After the initial cash a young girl's face came into my dream view and repeated a telephone number - it stuck in my mind when I woke up.

I pondered all day as to whether I should pick up the phone and see who was on the other end - I could not decide if this was the right thing to do or not.

I asked my father and my husband and they both told me to do what I thought right.

Late that afternoon I decided to telephone the number. Who should answer but a colleague of mine in the travel industry! I had not recognised the number as i never phoned him at home.

I was flustered and a bit embarrassed as i knew him to be a rather down to earth person who would probably think I had gone mad or had too much to drink if I told him my story. i made up some excuse for having to phone him and hung up.

Later we heard about the Lochabie air disaster. My colleague's niece was one of those on board.

I would not have stopped her boarding the plane - it might have caused extra grief to the family if I had told my tale.

Perhaps I did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment