We have recently taken in a destitute family who live in our domestic quarters in exchange for gardening. The head of the family is an old family friend and a well know horiculturlist.
During a recent power failure they were sitting round the table inside the house with a candle. They don't mind candles and find it rather fun to be able to sit in the evening by candle light. However on this occasion they were taken by surprise when the candle suddenly went out. No breeze no flickering - it just ceased to be alight!
They have also reported objects going missing and then reappearing. It seems the poltergeist does not just inhabit our house but the grounds as well!